Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Facebook and Twitter

I'm taking a page from Tim's book here--I would prefer to keep my Facebook account as a non-work-related, fun, social networking thingy, and since I would prefer not to maintain two accounts (and add yet another login/password to the plethora I have already accumulated for other accounts such as LibraryThing, delicious, multiple emails, etc.), I'm opting out of the Facebook portion of this week's festivities.

As for Twitter...I did create an account, and though I am far from being proficient in the use of this micro-blogging application, I had fun playing with the background, color scheme/design and "following" 30 others (Food Network's account as well as some of my favorite food personalities/chefs, such as Giada deLaurentiis and Guy Fieri, the Smithsonian, New York Public Library, etc.). Thus far, I've enjoyed scanning some of their "tweets" for interesting little tidbits, factoids, and random musings, though I'm not sure how much I have to add to Twitter's "global conversation." (Unless folks want to receive frequent updates on the daily hi jinks my animal companion, Bilbo Baggins the "Wonderdog!") :)

No comments:

Post a Comment