Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 14, 2010

delicious and RSS

I am an avid user of both delicious and RSS feeds--I love being able to access my numerous "favorite" links from any computer, though I must admit that I do not share all of my links--only a small number are viewable if you visit my "janmueller" delicious page. Though I LOVE the concept of social networking, I suppose there are some things I am not willing to share with anyone and everyone on the Web...I like to keep some things private, that's all.

As for RSS feeds, as Tim noted, I have been actively using them since Garry and Nicole taught a class on them some time ago. Again, I LOVE this aspect of "Web 2.0" / "Library 2.0"--having information sent to me about new music CDs, DVDs, books and other recently added items at KCPL or other libraries--priceless! Actually, I subscribe to a LARGE number of them--too numerous to mention, actually! Suffice it to say that this week's assignment was a cinch since I've been taking advantage of these two resources for some time now with no complaints and great success! Now, since I already seem to have fallen behind on the next "24 Things" installment which was just posted on Friday--its on to digital downloading! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment